Welcome to Monkfield Medical Practice in Cambourne
Monkfield Medical Practice is a National Health Service general practice providing a service to the residents of Great, Upper and Lower Cambourne. We are committed to helping you manage the important health issues that arise for you and your family.
We have listened to your feedback and constructive criticism concerning the appointment booking system at Monkfield Medical Practice.
Therefore we are changing the way we offer appointments from Monday 14th April.
What this means to you.
· You will be able to request/book appointments of choice.
· If you are in need of an urgent on the day appointment. Your request will be triaged by the Duty Doctor who will, after discussion and agreement, book you into an urgent slot with a Doctor or Nurse Practitioner. Alternatively they transfer you back to the reception desk to book the next free appointment.
· Number of available pre bookable appointments will increase because all Doctors and Nurse Practitioners will have their own sessions.
· More online appointments available for both Doctors and Nurse Practitioners
· Nurse and Phlebotomy clinics are not available for online booking
· Urgent Access (Sit & Wait) clinic will cease.
· The ‘phone at 8am’ to get a next day appointment will cease
· There will no longer be a Contraceptive drop in clinic - if you require advice please book an appointment or telephone consultation.
Our appointments books are on our system 4 weeks ahead, therefore to effect these changes; there will be a transitional period where some parts of both old and new systems will be in place.
We would therefore request your patience and understanding during this changeover period.
This years patient survey and report have now been published please go to Patient survey tab.
PATIENT PARTICIPATION GROUP
Would you like to have a say in our future? If you are interested in joining our new patient participation group, please leave your details on
ONLINE APPOINTMENT BOOKING
Patients can now book some GP appointments online. To access this service you must have a USER NAME and PASSWORD which are available @ reception -please bring photo ID when you request one.
Repeat Medication Requests
Please see seperate tab for prescription renewal
Ask at reception for user name and password to access our on line repeat prescription service which will be available through a link in our website. This will enable you to request on line any repeat medication you have.
***Updating our records; Text Messaging/Smoking Status - please go to the 'appointments' tab to complete our form***
We are open as follows:
Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 6.00 pm
Monday to Friday 8.00 am to 6.00 pm
Our out-of-hours care.
If you dial our number between 6.00-6:30 pm weekdays your call will be answered by UCC after 6:30pm and 8.00 am weekdays and all weekend you will be automatically transferred to the 111 service who will be able to assist you.
Practice Manager: Jenny Moyes
Reception: 01954 282153
Fax: 01954 282151
Address: Sackville House, Sackville Way, Great Cambourne, CB23 6HL
How to find us:From Cambridge enter Cambourne from the A428 Take the first exit at the 1st and 2nd roundabout. The Cambridge Belfry will be on your left. At the mini roundabout take the third exit and park in the village centre car park. Morrison’s supermarket is on the right and the Health Centre and Library are on the leftN